Pay-per-click advertising is a great lead generation tool. It turns immediate results, and when managed correctly can produce an excellent return on investment. Here are eight tips to correctly manage your PPC campaign:
- Define your goals! You will not be able to judge the success of your campaign unless you have goals and metrics in place to measure against.
- Do Research! Make sure you look at multiple sources to get the most effective information about the market, and your business. This will ultimately lead you to be able to make the best decision for your PPC campaign.
- Track your keywords! Know what keywords you are bidding on, and more importantly, what your best performing keywords are. This will allow you to know where you are doing well and what areas you need to improve upon.
- Choose relevant keywords! Though the theory of “the more the merrier” might help drive traffic to your website, you are not driving relevant traffic to your site. User fewer, more focused keywords to avoid wasteful spending.
- Have a well-structured landing page! When you get the user to the landing page, you want the content to be relevant. See Chad Kinner’s blog “6 Ways to Make an Effective Landing Page” for more hints on good landing page quality.
- Google is the master! There are many search engines out there that allow you to run PPC programs. To get the biggest bang for your buck stick with Google, or MSN. Google AdWords is the most popular search engine for PPC campaigns.
- Seasons greetings! Make sure that you prepare your PPC campaign for seasonal influences. Whether it be holidays, or seasonal changes, you should be prepared for budget fluctuations.
- Be Creative! Have relevant, but creative ad content. A creatively written ad will attract users more than a boring one.